Tuesday, June 23, 2015

[gbpobjlg] Share with those who won't hurt you

You post something to social networking.  The social network operator does artificial intelligence data crunching to try to keep it accessible only to those who won't use what you posted to hurt you with it.

You provide feedback for machine learning: *This person* hurt me with what I posted, or *someone* hurt me with what I posted; I don't know how they found out.  For the latter, the social network operator can use the access logs of who viewed the post.  People will acquire reputations, and collaborative filtering could identify people who will be bad to you before they even get a chance to.

It is hard to remain anonymous on the internet.  Use this feature in reverse and lock out those who have power over you, no matter what anonymizing efforts they take.

Unfortunately, I don't see how this could be done with a distributed social network.

No comments :